Waiver - Behind-the-Scenes Guided Tour
Please note that this tour takes place in the restricted, operational areas which house the moving parts and mechanisms for raising the Bridge to river traffic and as such is not fully accessible. If you have any access requirements, please contact us before us before booking.
Participants must be aware of the below conditions before booking.
- The Bascule Chambers are accessed via 115 steep steps; a combination of concrete stairs and metallic spiral staircases. The Chambers are considered confined spaces, located underneath the Bridge and below river level. As such there are no windows and no natural light. The tour includes outdoor spaces, areas which are naturally dirty as part of Bridge operations, uneven floors and damp and/or cold spaces, which are beneath river level. Participants must therefore be of sound health in the event of an emergency evacuation from these areas.
- Tower Bridge staff will accompany you at all times during the visit.
- Tower Bridge’s Towers, high-level Walkways and Victorian Engine Rooms are fully accessible.
- All participants should wear comfortable footwear (no high-heels) and practical, warm clothing.
- Attendees must be over 14 years old; those aged 14 to 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tour participants will be subject to a bag search upon entry.
- All tour participants must bring photo ID.
- Due to the City of London Corporation's statutory obligation to raise Tower Bridge for river traffic with 24 hours' notice, it is possible that booked Bridge Lifts can alter the time of the tour. The effect on timings is likely to be minimal, and you will be contacted at the earliest opportunity via email if your tour is affected. Where the service cannot be provided, ticket holders will be informed and a full refund given.
- If for any reason you can no longer attend after purchasing a ticket no refund will be given.
- Where ticket holders arrive late for the start of a tour every effort will be made to get them to the group, however, no refunds will be given in the event of us not being able to add you to the group.
- Tower Bridge has the right to refuse entry to participants who have not complied with these conditions. Tower Bridge can take no responsibility for accidents that may ensue during this tour.