This is the website of Tower Bridge which is part of the City Bridge Foundation (Charity Reg. 1035628) of PO Box 270 Guildhall London EC2P 2EJ. Telephone 020 7332 3710. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The City Bridge Foundation manages and supports five London Thames Bridges (London Bridge, Blackfriars Bridge, Southwark Bridge, Tower Bridge (www.towerbridge.org.uk) and the Millennium Bridge); and also provides funding and other support to help and empower London’s communities.
The City Bridge Foundation’s corporate Trustee is the City of London Corporation (www.cityoflondon.gov.uk).
- “Website” means the Tower Bridge website currently located at www.towerbridge.org.uk
- “We / us / our” means the City Bridge Foundation (Charity Reg. 1035628), namely the City of London Corporation as Trustee of the charity. All references to ‘City Bridge Foundation’ shall also mean ‘City of London Corporation’.
- “You / your / yours” means a user of the website.
- “Users” means collectively users of the website.
- “Special Conditions” means specific conditions relating to a product or service on relevant webpage of the website.
Terms and Conditions of Use and General Conditions of Sale
By using this Website you agree to be bound by these “Terms and Conditions of Use”.
If you are uncertain as to your rights or require any explanation about them please email email@example.com or telephone 020 7332 3710.
Our Acceptable Use Policy can be found at Appendix 1, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.towerbridge.org.uk/legal./privacy and sets out how we process personal information.
City Bridge Foundation is committed to the highest standard and quality of information and every attempt has been made to present up to date accurate information. However, City Bridge Foundation gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information on the Website.
City Bridge Foundation shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of the Website, including reliance on information contained on the Website, other than in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in respect of fraud.
The content on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Terms and Conditions of Use
1.1 In accessing information from the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use as set out below.
1.2 These Terms and Conditions of Use may change from time to time. Please check our Website frequently to see recent changes. The date when these Terms and Conditions of Use were last updated will be displayed. If you do not agree to any change you should not continue to use the Website.
1.3 This Website contains proprietary notices and copyright information the terms of which you agree to observe and follow.
2.1 You assume full responsibility for the protection of your computer system (including but not limited to any form of computer, smartphone, or other web browsing equipment) including hardware, software and stored data on your computer system including hardware, software and stored data of third parties who may access or be otherwise connected to your computer system. You are responsible for ensuring that programs or other data downloaded or otherwise received from this Website is free from viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature. We advise you to run an up-to-date anti-virus program on anything you download from the Internet.
2.2 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions of use.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.3 In accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), City Bridge Foundation will take reasonable steps to ensure that data transmitted electronically to the City Bridge Foundation via the Website or otherwise and processed by City Bridge Foundation is not accessed by unauthorised third parties, and is only processed in accordance with the Tower Bridge Privacy Notice at www.towerbridge.org.uk/legal./privacy. You accept the risk that data transmitted electronically to City Bridge Foundation via the Website or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching City Bridge Foundation or accessed from the City Bridge Foundation’s data storage by third parties not authorised by City Bridge Foundation and may be exploited unlawfully by such unauthorised third parties.
2.4 City Bridge Foundation makes no representations as to the security, quality or propriety of any website which may be accessed through this Website and accepts no liability for the content or for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on information contained in such websites or goods or services purchased from them. Connected websites accessed through this Website are independent websites over which City Bridge Foundation does not exercise any control whether financial, editorial or of any other kind and are not in any way endorsed or promoted by the City Bridge Foundation.
2.5 You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our Website or any services provided via, or in relation to, our Website. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- Any "robot", "bot", "spider", "scraper" or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same.
- Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard.
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
3.1 Information contained in the Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical mistakes and should not be relied on as totally accurate. Information may be changed or updated without notice. For general content queries relating to the website email us at email@example.com
4. Warranty and Liability
4.1 All information made available from within the Website is provided “as is” for information purposes only and without warranty of any kind either express or implied including but not limited to any warranties as to non-infringement of rights, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
4.2 Goods supplied from the Website should only be used for their approved uses and in accordance with their accompanying instructions for use, servicing and maintenance. You should not use goods supplied for any non-approved or abnormal uses.
4.3 No employee or agent of City Bridge Foundation is authorised to recommend non-approved uses and you should not rely on any such recommendations.
4.4 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
4.5 City Bridge Foundation accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with the User’s use of this Website, whether in contract, tort, negligence or through breach of Statutory Duty and will not be liable for:
(a) any indirect or consequential losses;
(b) loss of profits, business, sales or revenue;
(c) business interruption or loss of business opportunity;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of goodwill or reputation
(f) loss caused by use of any external Website or service linked to, or recommended through, this Website.
4.6 City Bridge Foundation accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any data corruption, interception or delay or any inaccuracies or errors that may occur except in consumer sales to the extent that City Bridge Foundation or its employees or agents is in breach of its agreement with you, negligent or in breach of its statutory duty.
4.7 Nothing in these terms shall exclude the City Bridge Foundation’s liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of the City Bridge Foundation, its employees, agents or contractors resulting from the use of the Website.
4.8 City Bridge Foundation publishes the images and information on the Website in good faith. City Bridge Foundation will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all intellectual property rights are respected and that the information and images are accurate and neither defamatory nor offensive. If you become aware of any material that is illegal please contact us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Copyright and Linking Policy
5.1 The website belongs in all respects to Tower Bridge as part of the City Bridge Foundation.
5.2 All intellectual property rights including copyright, Database Right, First Publication Rights, patents, Registered Trade Marks, know-how, intellectual or industrial property rights including format, art direction, look and feel of the website and its content subsisting throughout the world shall vest in the City Bridge Foundation.
5.3 Users may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, licence or create derivative works from data or other content found on the Website or sell any information or images obtained from the website. Users may download information or images for private non-commercial viewing purposes only unless permitted for the purpose of making an offer appropriate to the goods or services required. Any information or images attributed to a third party and not in copyright and downloaded by you may only be used in compliance with this clause and must be properly attributed to the owner.
5.4 Linking to other websites is permitted in accordance with the following Linking Policy:-
City Bridge Foundation is keen to promote access to online public services by encouraging other reputable websites to create links to our Website. It therefore grants a limited, revocable and non-exclusive right to create a link / s to web pages on the Website subject to the following conditions:-
1. Links to content / web pages are permitted provided you do not represent Tower Bridge website or content as your own or otherwise misinform Users about the origin of the content of Tower Bridge Website.
2. Content (including but not limited to text, graphics, photographs, databases) on the Website must not be copied in isolation or presented to give the impression that the content is owned by you. Content should not be loaded into frames or a border environment. Tower Bridge pages must load into the User’s entire window.
3. Links to the Website must not be used for commercial or private gain or to imply endorsement of your website, activities, product or service by City Bridge Foundation without our express written approval.
4. City Bridge Foundation will not support links to the Tower Bridge Website by political pressure groups.
5. Your website must not contain distasteful, obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal content or portray Tower Bridge or the City Bridge Foundation in a false, misleading, derogatory or offensive manner. You must not bring Tower Bridge or City Bridge Foundation into disrepute by associating us with undesirable activities, products, services, content or opinions.
6. Any trade mark, logo, crest or other identifiable emblem of City Bridge Foundation shall remain the property of City Bridge Foundation at all times and no licence or right to use any of the same shall be granted or implied in any way.
7. If you wish to link to any part of the Website you will also be bound by the City Bridge Foundation’s and the City of London Corporation’s separate Website Terms and Conditions including but not limited to copyright restrictions and our disclaimer.
8. Any breach of these conditions will result in the termination of your limited licence to link to content on the Website.
6. Availability of website
6.1 City Bridge Foundation will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure the availability of the Website and that transmissions are error free. However, due to the nature of the Internet it is not technically possible for City Bridge Foundation to provide a completely fault free service and City Bridge Foundation gives no guarantees or warranties express or implied as to the quality or reliability of access to this Website.
6.2 City Bridge Foundation reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Website or refuse access to it immediately and without notice in order to maintain, repair or update the website or if it is necessary for legal reasons. However, City Bridge Foundation will where possible give notice of any suspension or cancellation on the Website.
7.1 The failure by City Bridge Foundation to enforce any term or condition hereof shall not be deemed as a waiver of the right to enforce such term or condition.
8.1 The Website is situated in London, England and all the Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
In the event of any queries about how to use the Website, please email us at email@example.com.
Acceptable Use Policy
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What's in these terms?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way. It should be read alongside our website terms and conditions.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- In any way that involves child sexual exploitation or abuse.
- To upload terrorist content.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution).
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
The Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London acting as Trustee of Bridge House Estates (‘City Bridge Foundation’) will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
- Must be accurate (where it states facts).
- Only contain opinions that are genuinely held.
- Must comply with the law applicable in any country from which it is posted and to which the website is targeted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Encourage, promote or provide instructions for deliberate self-harm.
- Encourage, promote or provide instructions for suicide.
- Encourage, promote or provide instructions for an eating disorder or behaviours associated with an eating disorder.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Incite violence or hatred against particular groups.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Include content that would be considered a criminal offence under laws relating to terrorism, child sexual abuse material, racism or xenophobia.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Include video content that has been or would be likely to be given an R18 certificate by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC).
- Include video content not suitable for BBFC classification.
- Include material that might impair the physical, mental or moral development of persons under the age of 18.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Contain illegal content or promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Tower Bridge or City Bridge Foundation if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
For the avoidance of doubt, for any Contribution in the form of video content:
- You must tell us immediately, if you upload a video containing any of the following: criminal material (relating to terrorism, sexual exploitation of children, child pornography, racism and xenophobia), unclassified or unclassifiable videos, videos rated R18 or suitable for R18 rating and other material that might impair the physical, mental or moral development of persons under the age of 18 (restricted material).
- You must not upload a video containing harmful material.
- You must not upload a video containing advertising for any of the following:
- cigarettes and other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or electronic cigarette refill containers, and prescription-only medicine; or
- for alcoholic drinks that are not aimed specifically at under 18s and do not encourage immoderate consumption of alcohol.
- Any advertising included in a video you upload must not:
- prejudice respect for human dignity;
- include or promote discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation;
- encourage behaviour prejudicial to health or safety;
- encourage behaviour grossly prejudicial to the protection of the environment;
- cause physical, mental or moral detriment to persons under the age of 18;
- directly exhort such persons to purchase or rent goods or services in a manner which exploits their inexperience or credulity;
- directly encourage such persons to persuade their parents or others to purchase or rent goods or services;
- exploit the trust of such persons in parents, teachers or others; or
- unreasonably show such persons in dangerous situations.
- You must use the functionality provided on our site to declare whether, as far as you know or can reasonably be expected to know, any video contains advertising.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our website terms and conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.